The college is affiliated to Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences & Maharshi Dayanand University Rohtak for teaching & examination purposes and follows the syllabus and curriculum prescribed by the Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi, The statuatory regulatory body of Indian systems of medicines in the country as adopted by the university. The institution imparts undergraduate course of Ayurvedacharya (B.A.M.S.) teaching & training. Undergraduate course of Ayurvedacharya B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery) is of 5.1/2 yrs. Duration (four and half year of the main course and one year internship) The main course is divided into three professional courses of one and half year duration each. The admission qualification prescribed by the Maharshi Dayanad University, Rohtak. The candidate must have:
• Admission Criteria Passed senior secondary examination (12th class) of the Board of School Education, Haryana or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with at least 33% marks in each subject i.e. English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany-Zoology) in the theory and practical separately and 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects and pass in Sanskrit as an elective core subject of at least 100 marks.
Uttar madhyama of Sampurnanand Sanskrit, Vishwavidyala, Varansi with Science (Biology Group) and English.
Any other examination recognized by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, M.D. University, Rohtak as equivalent to (a) or (b) above with the prescribed percentage of marks/subjects, as the case may be.
• Must have been placed in the merit list prepared as a result of the competitive entrance examination for admission to BAMS Course.
Annual Admission Schedule
- The candidate belonging to scheduled castes/tribes will be required to secure minumum pass marks instead of 50% in aggregate in English, physics, chemistry and biology (Botany-Zoology) in any one of the examinations mentioned at (a) above.
- A candidate, who has taken admission in BAMS and has not passed Sanskrit at 10+2 level prior to admission in BAMS, shall have to offer Sanskrit in BAMS Ist Prof. examination.
- The subject of English of 10+2 or equivalent examination may be accepted for the purpose irrespective of marks assigned to it.
- The candidates passing qualifying examination from National Open School are also elegible provided they fulfil the eligibility conditions laid down as above.
- Diploma in Pharmacy & Dressor’s course are not equivalent to 10+2 examination for the purpose of admission to BAMS course according to the rules of M.D. University, Rohtak/Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
- The list of the examination recognized as equivalent to 10+2 examinations of Board of School Education, Haryana is available in the Academic Branch of the University. The list of the recognized examinations available with the University may be consulted before making admission to the course.
The annual admission capacity to B.A.M.S. is 60 at present. Admission is made after conducting an entrance examination. Candidates are admitted on the basis of merit cum option basis. For detailed query regarding admission please contact to the Principal or Office Supreintendent.
The under graduate course is imparted in the following subject through the 13 departments having the required facilities and staff however the 14th deptt of panchkarma is also esbablished with provision to impart the panchkarma education & training prescribed in the subject of kaya chikitsa.
Undergraduate course of Ayurvedacharya B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery) is of 5.1/2 yrs. Duration (four and half year of the main course and one year internship)
- Padarth Vigyan
- Astang Hridyam
- Sharir Rachna
- Sharir Kriya
- Dravya Guna
- Ras Shastra
- Agad Tantra
- Charak Samhita (P)
- Rog Vigyan
- Swasth Vritt
- Stri Rog Prasuti Tantra
- Kaumar Bhritya
- Charak Samhita (U)
After completion of final professionals the student has to complete one-year rotatory housemanship (Internship) under following schedule.
- Kaya Chikitsa
- Shalya Tantra
- Shalakya Tantra
- Research & Methodology
- Kaya Chikitsa 2 month
- Shalya, 1 month
- Prasuti Tantra Stri Roga 1 month
- Kaumar Bhritya 15 days
- Panchkarma 15 days
- Shalakya Tantra 1 month
- Community health and family planning(Civil Hospital)